Here is the easiest ziti ever. It is freezable and tastes great reheated. It takes to additions nicely, i.e you can sneak in additional vegetables and no one would be the wiser! I usually have some variation of these ingredients in the house, so it is a great way to use them up.
1 lb Italian turkey sausage, crumbled (Can also used ground beef or turkey, whatever you have on hand)
1-2 tsp Italian seasoning.
1/2 a large or 1 small zucchini, chopped
1 jar tomato sauce of your choice
1 box pasta
- Cook turkey sausage in a skillet until browned sprinkle with 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Add in chopped zucchini, cook for an addition 3-5 minutes.
- Add sauce and cook another 3-5 minutes
- Cook pasta according to package directions
- In drained pasta pot, mix sauce with pasta and about 6 oz of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Put mixture in 9×13 dish.
- Top with remaining shredded mozzarella, (Sometimes I will add grated parmesan, and sliced provolone if I have it on hand)
- Top with additional seasoning.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes