For a little change of pace I thought I would write about some of the item’s in my life that are helping me on my road to finding moderation and balance.
- My new Fitbit – My husband gave me a Fitbit HR Charge for Christmas and I am absolutely loving it! It helps me get off my butt by tracking my steps and buzzing when I reach my goal of 10,000. If I don’t feel the buzz, I have not moved enough. Plus, since it will track how much you sleep via heart rate and movement, I realized I am not getting enough sleep. So I have to make an extra effort to get in bed at a decent time and let the dishes wait until morning.
- Board Games and Coloring -My kids were given Headbanz for Christmas and we have had a great time playing it every night. It’s a simple game so even my 5-year-old can sit long enough to play it. Also, I have rediscovered drawing and coloring with my children. I use to do this but somehow got away from it since the summer. I have found it relaxing. It’s a great way to play and converse with the minions, plus it’s inexpensive. Just crayons and paper.
- My Crockpot – Yes, I know I am still waxing poetic about my Crockpot. I have also gotten an new Crockpot cookbook which I am so excited to making recipes from. There are some really unique ones in here like Zucchini Bread and Cherry Rice Pudding. I can’t wait to get my Crock on! (Did I really just say that?)
- New storage containers and Ziptop bags- I know it sounds kind of silly but these little guys have been a life saver in my quest to get organized. I finally tackled the junk drawer! Yes, I cleared the junk drawer of junk. I also used these bags and containers to chorale my daughters Barbie accessories and my sons army guys. The bags are inexpensive, handy and can be used in a multitude of ways. You really can’t beat that.
- My cooler bag – I started doing using this years ago after reading the Clean Eating Diet by Tosca Reno. Having a packed lunch helps me find moderation in a couple of ways. For example, always having a packed cooker means that I never have an excuse to hit the vending machine or run across the street to the pizza place for lunch. It also means that if I am caught outside my home for longer than expected, (say stuck at work or in traffic) I still have something with me to sustainment me until I get to my destination. This goes a long way to prevent overeating. Also, it helps on the financial side of things. By having a packed cooler I don’t have to spend the money on eating out. It also leaves me with no reason to head out to the grocery store on my lunch break to pick up a few things. (Which always leads to more than a few things.)
What are some items you find help you live balanced? Are there tools or products you use that aid you in moderation? If so leave me a comment. I would love to give them a try.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you click on an affiliate link, I may make a very, very small profit. I will only put links to products I use myself, review, or believe could be useful. These affiliate links do not change my personal opinions for or against the products reviewed. There is no additional cost to you by clicking on an affiliate link.