It maybe you feel stuck in a dead-end job. It maybe that you feel stuck in a stagnant relationship. It could be that you feel stuck and in fear of moving out of your comfort zone. We have all had times in our lives when we felt glued to a point in time, unable to move forward for one reason or another. The longer we stay stuck the more it effects our self-esteem and mental health, until we feel unable to take even the tiniest step forward.
I’m admitting to you that I’m there right now. I’m stuck. There are ideas, but they stay locked in my head and I feel there is no chance to move forward. So I decided to get together a list of things that could help someone who is feeling like I have been. Stuck.
- Remember the only thing constant is change -Whatever the curcumstances that are making you feel stuck, remember they will not last forever. The situation will eventually change. You can either wait until that happens or hurry the process along.
- Learn something new – Sometimes learning a new skill, trade or hobby will begin a journey of self discovery that will lead you down a new road of your life. Maybe it will help ignite a dormant passion inside of you.
- Be the best were you are – Maybe you could move yourself out of a rut if you truly gave your situation a chance. In some cases we start off with the wrong expectations and do not adapt when things are not as we expected them to be. Consider that maybe where you are is where you are meant to be if we only open our eyes to it.
- Look to the future– Setting up future goals might give you the motivation to get unstuck. Having set goals to work for might set you on path of forward movement.
- Make a choice– In some cases being stuck is an indication you must make a difficult or uncomfortable decision. It might be thought the avoidance of this decision that has kept you standing still. I know if many people who after years of same old, same old, made the decision to move, quit an unfulfilling job, or finally end a stagnant relationship. For them it was life changing and created the environment for a new and better life. A life they could never have achieved if they stayed where they were.