If you are like me you have been overdosing on Halloween candy and need some help getting the little nuggets of chocolate, nougat and caramel out of your house. Here are some tactics I have heard about to get a handle on the candy overload.
- Donate candy to the troops – Operation Gratitude is one of the organization that will ship donated candy to the troops. My son’s old preschool use to take up a collections. Each year they would attempt to beat the weight of the prior years collection. It was a fun event for a great cause.
- Dentist Buy Back- There are a few dentists in my area that are actually trading money for candy!!! That is a totally win if you ask me.
- Reincorporate them into healthy recipes – This morning I made a batch of Weelicious spinach pancakes and added in some M&M’s for fun. I also added some candy into my Go-to Lunchbox Cookies.
- Bring them to the office – Worked for me. When I realized I could not control my urge to eat Halloween Candy the best thing to do was get it out of the house. So I brought it to work, left it in a bowl on a counter and by the end of the day it was gone. Many people came by the counter and took a piece here and there and the cool thing was it made them happy, where it was only causing me dismay. It brought a little bit of sweetness to their day and made me feel good.
- Freeze it – This was a suggestion a co-worker had which I think would be a good one for anyone who is not like me. If I feel the chocolate need bad enough… yes I would end up microwaving the candy, or even eating it rock hard frozen. (I told you I overdue things, chocolate is one of those things.)