I know this is a list that has been done to death. Here is my issue. Many movies that are Halloween”ish” are either to adult, scary or geared towards toddlers. I have an 8-year old and a 5 year old and finding a Halloween movie that is still on the innocent side is kind of a challenge. So here is the list that I have found that seems to appeal to both, but still maintain a G rating and are not totally agony for an adult to watch with the kids.
- Monsters.Inc – A great movie for anytime of the year really. It has fun characters, age appropriate themes and as usual a good lesson.
- The Nightmare Before Christmas – The animation and songs make it an interesting but different type of movie. Some of the lyrics can get a bit rough but nothing that is to outrageous.
- It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown – It’s an oldie but a goody. It is a little slow in spots but still fun to watch.
- Hotel Transylvania – Adam Sandler, Selena Gomez, and Kevin James are a few of the famous actors that lend their voices to this movie. Gotta say Sandler’s “Drac” is great. It actually had me laughing along with the kids. Can’t wait to see Hotel Transylvania 2 which is out in theaters now.
- Harry Potter and The Sorcerer Stone – But only the first one…maybe the second one (The Chamber or Secrets.) if you kids are a bit older maybe 6 or 7. .My 5 year old can handle the first Harry Potter, the second was a bit to scary at the end. However, the first movie is fun, fanciful and has a good lesson of bravery and friendship.