Anyone know ways to slow down? No really it have been trying but the moment I got back from my vacation it was right back acknowledge to go go go. Although I’m not there yet, being on vacation did teach me to savor the moment. This is something I came home and decided to work on. Being present in the moment really helps in moderation as well. If you are conclusion of what you are eating for example, when you are eating you not only recognize the feeling of fullness faster, you also enjoy it more.
I think one of the reasons I have struggled with balance and moderation is I don’t live in the current moment. I live in a constant state of rushing to get the next thing done.
So here are 5 things I am going to try to help myself slowdown and live in the moment.
1) Don’t over do what can be accomplished , only focus on getting one or 2 things accomplished in a day. If it’s a big thing like laundry, for example only get that done. Don’t try to squeeze in cooking for the week, cleaning and whatever else. It creates unnecessary pressure. It gets you frustrated, tired and missing any downtime.
2) Eat meals sitting down, and as a family whenever possible. This is something I tried to do in the past and fell out of practice in. It is important to eat in a kind of European way saving the company and food.
3) Say no to more. I have heard this over and over but still struggle with it. So from now on I will only attend one event in a weekend and say no to others until I feel comfortable being able to say no.
4) Spend more time outdoors, at least here the weather is getting less hot so I need take more time to go outdoors alone to think, or with the family to walk.
5) Limit social media. Social media makes you think you should be accomplishing untold feats in short periods of time. But what good are any accomplishment with out time to reflect on your process. You will gain nothing by just rushing off to the next big thing to do. Plus it is a major time killer.
Well this is what I’m going to try and see how it works. If anyone has any suggestions of things hat worked for them I would love to hear about it. Now I’m going to go for a walk outside.