My favorite time of year. Althought it doesn’t cool off in Florida the way it does in other parts of the country, we still enjoy all the other feelings of fall. Most definatly the fall flavors. Yes! Pumpkin is everywhere, and apples. There are some fall back recipes I go this time of year that just add to the sesory experance of the season. Here are a few of my favorites and some new ones that I would like to try.
- Butternut Squash Soup : Warm, creamy and filling. To me it embodies the feeling of fall. I love Alton Browns recipe for this.
- Slow Cooker Apple Butter : I tend to over buy apples this time of year. Sometimes I feel the want to go apple picking and with no outlet for this energy I buy to much for our family to eat. Thus my foreray into apple butter. It is versital and yummy and you can enjoy it well after fall.Rec
- Iced Pumpkin Cookies: Sweet, yummy and full of fall flavors.
- Pumpkin Chili: I know it sounds weird but it is seriously one of the best chili’s I have had. Give it a try. Went through several before I found this one on tablefortwoblog.com.
- Butternut Squash Lasagna: I make this every Thanksgiving and even though it is a vegetable lasagna it is not in any way bland. It is creamy, rich and very filling. It is a bit labor instensive however, but totally worth the effort.